I have just shortened the uptime of my server, I have upgraded the hardware. The memory is upgraded from 48 Mb to 128 Mb, 4 times 32 Mb EDO, boucht at MTI
.
The two pci realtek RTL8139C networkinterfaces are replaced bij two ISA 3com 3C515-TX networkinterfaces. Now there's a little more room in the machine so possibly I might get a better airflow. The stability of the network wil improve also.
. In order to get the ISA networkinterfaces operational, I used the forum of the e-smith developmentsite, here is a almost perfect explanation, but read the complete thread first, I also skipped the io-adresses in step 4.

Some days ago, I've moved my server to an new machine, a linux-server. This is now a Pentium 1 133 Mhz equipped with 48 Mb memory. I've used a standard linux distribution (e-smith), but made some minor adjustments. I'll post my adjustments.
I've changed:
- stoppen not used services (ftp, atalk)

- transferred the website (from windows to linux), including the MySQL database. I had to adjust some links (forward slashes to back slashes).

- installed PhPSysinfo

- installed PhPMyadmin

- connected ADSL with help from Adsl4Linux

I've used the forum at Minddigger a lot (dutch !)

- turned off squid. A bug in the configuraton troubled me for a while, look at Minddigger and e-smith for an description and work-around. Without squid I'll get a better performance.

Page 2 of 2