Some days ago, I've moved my server to an new machine, a linux-server. This is now a Pentium 1 133 Mhz equipped with 48 Mb memory. I've used a standard linux distribution (e-smith), but made some minor adjustments. I'll post my adjustments.
- stoppen not used services (ftp, atalk)
- transferred the website (from windows to linux), including the MySQL database. I had to adjust some links (forward slashes to back slashes).
- installed PhPSysinfo
- installed PhPMyadmin
- connected ADSL with help from Adsl4Linux
I've used the forum at Minddigger a lot (dutch !)
- turned off squid. A bug in the configuraton troubled me for a while, look at Minddigger and e-smith for an description and work-around. Without squid I'll get a better performance.